Lawrence Park, east of Yonge Street and south of Lawrence, is an exclusive neighbourhood with large homes on formally laid-out streets. This area was adjacent to the Metropolitan Street Railway station at Yonge & Snelgrove, built into the community in 1886. The community was developed in 1907, by developers who acquired the land from John Lawrence, after whom this neighbourhood is named, and in 1912 the area was amalgamated into the City of Toronto. Unfortunately, the First World War, and then the Depression slowed development, and the area was not completed until the 1950s.
The community is served by 2 elementary schools, 2 private schools, 2 high schools, and 1 public library. The Upper Canada College private school is about a mile to the south. Post secondary students are very close to York University's Glendon Campus on Bayview, Seneca College's Denham Campus to the northeast, and can access University of Toronto and Ryerson University via the Yonge-University-Spadina subway.
Locals shop at the high-end stores and restaurants in the Yonge and Lawrence area.
South of the community is the natural ravine along Burke Brook, with a nature footpath. At Lawrence Park just east of Yonge Street, are three clay surface tennis courts, a lawn bowling club, and a formal garden.
The homes in Lawrence Park built between 1910 and the early 1950s for the well-to-do of the city, and have a mix of styles from English Cottage, to Tudor Revival, Georgian and Colonial styles. Recent renovations have preserved the rich details of the homes in the community. Homes are priced in the medium to luxury price ranges.